Test Bank for Nutrition Now, Enhanced Edition 8th Edition Brown
Test Bank for Nutrition Now, Enhanced Edition, 8th Edition, Judith E. Brown, ISBN-10: 0357021657, ISBN-13: 9780357021651
Table of Contents
Part I: NUTRITION BASICS AND TOOLS FOR PLANNING.
1. Key Nutrition Concepts and Terms.
2. The Inside Story about Nutrition and Health.
3. Ways of Knowing about Nutrition.
4. Understanding Food and Nutrition Labels.
5. Nutrition, Attitudes, and Behavior.
6. Healthy Diets, the Dietary Guidelines, MyPlate, and More.
Part II: FOOD IN THE BODY.
7. How the Body Uses Food: Digestion and Absorption.
8. Calories! Food, Energy, and Energy Balance.
9. Obesity to Underweight: The Highs and Lows of Weight Status.
10. Weight Control: The Myths and Realities.
11. Disordered Eating: Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, and Pica.
Part III: THE MACRONUTRIENTS: CARBOHYDRATES.
12. Useful Facts about Sugars, Starches, and Fiber.
13. Diabetes Now.
14. Alcohol: The Positives and Negatives.
Part IV: THE MACRONUTRIENTS: PROTEIN.
15. Proteins and Amino Acids.
16. Vegetarian Diets.
17. Food Allergies and Intolerances.
Part V: THE MACRONUTRIENTS: FAT.
18. Fats and Cholesterol in Health.
19. Nutrition and Heart Disease.
Part VI: VITAMINS, MINERALS, AND SUPERFOODS.
20. Vitamins and Your Health.
22. Diet and Cancer.
23. Good Things to Know About Minerals.
24. Dietary Supplements and Functional Foods.
25. Water Is an Essential Nutrient.
26. Nutrition-Gene Interactions in Health and Disease.
Part VII: NUTRITION AND FITNESS.
27. Nutrition and Physical Fitness for Everyone.
28. Nutrition and Physical Performance.
Part VIII: NUTRITION IN THE LIFE CYCLE.
29. Good Nutrition for Life: Pregnancy, Breastfeeding, and Infancy.
30. Nutrition for the Growing Years: Childhood through Adolescence.
31. Nutrition and Health Maintenance for Adults of All Ages.
Part IX: GLOBAL CONSIDERATIONS.
32. The Multiple Dimensions of Food Safety.
33. Aspects of Global Nutrition.