Solution Manual for Legal and Ethical Aspects of Health Information Management 5th Edition McWay
Solution Manual for Legal and Ethical Aspects of Health Information Management, 5th Edition, Dana C. McWay, ISBN-10: 0357361547, ISBN-13: 9780357361542
Table of Contents
Part I: STUDY OF THE LAW IN GENERAL.
1. Workings of the American Legal System.
2. Court Systems and Legal Procedures.
3. Judicial Process of Health Information.
4. Principles of Liability.
Part II: AN OVERVIEW OF ETHICS.
5. Ethical Standards.
6. Ethical Decisions and Challenges.
7. Bioethical Issues.
Part III: LEGAL AND ETHICAL ISSUES CENTRAL TO HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT.
8. Patient Record Requirements.
9. Confidentiality and Informed Consent.
10. Access to Health Information.
11. Specialized Patient Records.
Part IV: SPECIALIZED AREAS OF CONCERN IN HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT.
12. Risk Management, Quality Management, and Utilization Management.
13. Information Systems.
14. Health-Care Fraud and Abuse.
15. Law and Ethics in the Workplace.
Appendix A: Table of Cases.
Appendix B: List of Common Acronyms.
Appendix C: Sample HIPAA Privacy Notices.
Appendix D: Patient Care Partnership.
Appendix E: Sample Forms- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care, Health Care Directive, and Accompanying HIPAA Form.
Appendix F: Selected Laws Affecting HIM.